Dear Residents, Family Members and Guests,
We wanted to provide you with an update to our protocols in response to COVID-19. As a result of the changing situation, we have implemented additional precautionary measures based on the most current information and recommendations from the CDC and the California Department of Public Health.
Effective immediately, the following protocols are in place at all Clearwater Living communities:
- All team members will wear face masks while working in the community.
- Update to temperature requirement: Visitors with a temperature of 100 or greater will not be permitted to enter the community.
- We are practicing social distancing in all of our communities, requiring 6’ distance between residents and visitors, and with team members when possible.
- We have eliminated all marketing tours to decrease the number of visitors in our communities. We are only meeting with prospects through virtual tours.
- We are implementing 14-day quarantines for all new move ins and for residents returning from outside the community, such as a hospital stay.
- We have increased training with our team to help ensure their safety and wellbeing at work and at home.
These previously implemented protocols remain in place:
- All visitors and team members are required to complete a qualifying questionnaire and will be scanned with a thermometer. Visitors who do not pass the questionnaire or temperature guideline will not be permitted into the community.
- We are limiting entry into all our communities through one designated point.
- We are suspending all activities or events in our communities that would have a gathering of more than 10 people at once.
- All routine social visits are prohibited at this time. Additionally, we are restricting all non-essential vendors and volunteers in our communities.
- For special circumstance visits (such as end of life) we are requesting no more than 1 visitor at a time per resident and that all visitors are above the age of 18. Visiting hours at all communities will be limited to 8:00 am to 7:00 pm daily.
- We recommend using technology to stay connected. Our team can assist with Face Time, Skype, etc. so interaction is possible at this time.
- We have also postponed any outings to public places where groups may congregate including but not limited to malls, movie theatres, restaurants, museums, and places of worship.
- We are encouraging residents to dine in their apartment or in areas set up to serve meals to groups with no more than 10 people.
- We have established a Clearwater Task Force to evaluate and respond to new information and updates related to COVID-19. Our proactive approach incorporates guidance from the CDC and other health agencies.
We expect these heightened protocols will remain in place at least through the month of April and will continue to update our protocols pursuant to the guidelines provided from public health officials.
Please know that measures are being taken for the wellbeing and safety of our residents and team members. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Executive Director. Thank you.