Dear Residents, Family Members and Guests,
We are remaining vigilant in our efforts to keep you and your loved ones well as we navigate the COVID-19 news. In addition to staying abreast of information and taking all precautions to limit exposure, we are adding new, heightened protocols based on the latest information and recommendations from the California Department of Public Health.
Effective immediately, we are enacting the following at all Clearwater Living communities:
- All routine social visits are prohibited at this time. Additionally, we are restricting all non-essential vendors and volunteers in our communities.
- All visitors will need to complete a qualifying questionnaire and will be scanned with a thermometer. Visitors with a temperature greater than 100.4 or that do not pass the questionnaire will not be permitted into the community. This same process is in place for all our team members.
- For special circumstance visits (such as end of life) we are requesting no more than 1 visitor at a time per resident and that all visitors are above the age of 18. Visiting hours at all communities will be limited to 8:00 am to 7:00 pm daily.
- We recommend using technology to stay connected. Our team can assist with Face Time, Skype, etc. so interaction is possible at this time.
- We are limiting entry into all our communities through one designated point.
- We are suspending all activities or events in our communities that would have a gathering of more than 10 people at once.
- We have also postponed any outings to public places where groups may congregate including but not limited to malls, movie theatres, restaurants, museums, and places of worship.
- We are encouraging residents to dine in their apartment or in areas set up to serve meals to groups with no more than 10 people.
- We are limiting marketing tours for immediate placement needs only.
- We have established a Clearwater Task Force to evaluate and respond to new information and updates related to COVID-19. Our proactive approach incorporates guidance from the CDC and other health agencies.
These heightened protocols will remain in place at least through the month of March. As with all guidance that relates to COVID-19 response, we will revisit protocols on a regular basis to evaluate the need and evaluate if any elements need to be added or changed.
Please know that measures are being taken for the wellbeing and safety of our residents and team members. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Executive Director. Thank you.